domingo, 25 de janeiro de 2009

I did it! (?)

I did it. It took me a lot of time. I’ve been working even in unexpected days, such as December 25th, December 31st and January 1st on this. I’ve got in touch with many people – really many people. I’ve managed to get other people to join me in this journey. And the bottom line is: I am applying for AIESEC International.

When I started my term as ER Manager I really thought that I would be just leaving AIESEC. I thought that the time to leave the organization has come. But, I was just living the wrong experience. The final evaluation of my National Board term is that... I wasn’t anymore connected to this organiz
ation. To the ideals and the people that work towards those ideals... I wasn’t just connected anymore. But I had the great opportunity to get in love again with what I was doing... to work for a region, to make an entire continent to growth... to get connected with some of the most impressive and wonderful people that I’ve met in my life. All done... my motivation was back.

But during this time for the application some incredible things happened to me. It was a great moment. The first of it was to have some people pushing me to apply. It sounds a bit cliché but considering my President of AIESEC in Brazil application, I was really happy that people were supporting me on that. I had friends, co-workers, colleagues and even people that didn’t know me much... supporting me on that. It was amazing. I felt reconnected with my first steps in AIESEC, more specifically with the time that I was appl
ying for National Director in Brazil. I was young, very motivated... and there were a lot of people supporting me on that.

And something else also surprised me. I feel like I am successfully coming back to be the old and good Tulio that I was for a big while. I am getting reconnected with some magic people in my life that I wasn’t for a long time – some people from my city, from the city that I lived for a long time before moving for my city... some of the most important people that passed through my life. Isn’t it amazing?

Another thing that really made me happy, I was pushing some crazy dudes to apply with me. And they just did it. It makes me sooo happy! But not because “I did them apply” (I not even feel like that) but because I know that they’re the best people to be driving this organization in their regions... and that’s why I am in AIESEC – because I believe that we have these great people and they should be working managing this organization globally.

So... it’s all good. I am very happy... most of the things that I was expecting to happen, seems to be happening: great people applying for all the positions (chances for having a great team ahea
d), people helping me with anything I needed, motivation up. It’s all set. Now, it’s just about hardworking more and more until the elections.

In the end this post is to tell you that, definitely our tasks were split for this job. I got the more operational one: write the application, the design and these less relevant aspects of the application process. And you all were responsible for the more strategic part of it: supporting me, giving inputs, feedbacks, wishing me all the best. Therefore, I should rephrase the beginning. I didn’t do it... we did it! And... nothing else to say but:


2 comentários:

Talita Ferreira disse...

Meu ex-chefinho....parabens por todo o trabalho que tem feito nesses anos e tenho certeza que nos proximos posts teremos boas noticias! ;) O que 'e para ser sera!Abraco!

Bárbara disse...

:D :D :D

to feliz que tu eh o bom e velho Tulio de novo... eu gosto desse Tulio :D

tu sabe que tu eh o responsavel por eu aplicar neh? espero que a gente consiga estar juntos nessa... assim como estivemos durante a postulacao (e vamos estar no IPM)... :D

...looking forward... ;)

beijao!!