sábado, 25 de outubro de 2008

About my friends...

Do you have good friends?? I bet you do. But I was thinking when coming back to my city and then leaving for my international trip, that I just can’t believe about the friends that I have. I can spend a lot of time here just telling you about them. But my life – especially in the professional one – I discovered that cases can prove a point much better than the theory.

I had so many experiences that I simply couldn’t believe that they even existed. I remember that once I was in a night club, something around 10 p.m. already having fun and one of them called me, because he needed a ride. He was in a city 30 km from my own and I needed to go there pick him up and come back for our city. Well, I just did it. I never had a single doubt that he would do the same for me. Actually, he did more. He travelled 260 km just to come to my city to hug me and support me on the day that my grandfather died.

I remember that one of them was going abroad. He was just about to live 1 year away from us in our high school that means a time that we used to spend every single day together. I quite on my spot on the car, because it would be too dangerous for a girl (another friend) to go. I woke up earlier then everyone else. I’ve got 3 buses to get to the airport. For one of the first times in the history, the flight left earlier. When I arrived he already left. I cried like a kid. This same guy, helped me in so many ways in my life in São Paulo that I could never be so grateful. Just taking me to the airport, it was more than 5 times.

They also did many great things by themselves. One of them got in love with an American girl. He dated with her for 6 months, waited more like 6 months to see her again. Got married with her in Brazil to get a visa for her here and then went with her to live in USA. Got married again. And I was thinking, how many people could just have judged him and said that he was crazy, that was the wrong thing to do... Etc. Etc. Etc. But he just did it. Another, spend some years studying to get in a medicine school. Didn’t give up and got it. Another is handling one very important brand of champagne worldwide. He is one year older than me. Another is finishing the master... (and I didn’t finish my university... L). Another helped to found AIESEC in their city. Finally, one is finalizing the specialization in some of the weird animals of this world! :D

After a while I got to understand from where came my altruist way of life. Some people still got surprised with some things that I do for them. I don’t know. I just feel like my friends teach me how to be like that. And I learnt very well. Thank you.

9 comentários:

Misu disse...

Every person important in my life has left a mark on who I am today. That is why true friend will allways be close no matter how much time passes, how far we are or how diffrent we live our lifes, because the connection with these people just goes a lot further :)

Marco,
thank you for your help in the airport of Sao Paulo! :)

Anônimo disse...

acho que vou chorar...

Daniel Mz. disse...

Thank u 4 being by my side in a lot of good and bad times. Im here, always have and always will.
Ive always been proud of u.
Love always,
Dandan

André Salomão disse...

Por isso que eu te amo, meu amigo!
Ou "That's why I love you, my friend!"

Anônimo disse...

Hey little Tulio! I don´t understand that comentary from that "taissa". Is that some sort of spanish??? hehehe

Well my friend, everything that everybody and you said is completely true and I agree!! We love you!!

And you forgot to talk about yourself in the life achivement section. You´re traveling the whole FUCKING wide world motherfucker.

see ya!
Ze & Emily

João Paes de Almeida disse...

In a way, our friendship has never been "normal".

Some might say that we've been in Hell and Heaven, lots of times - sometimes in a single year(or month!). True thing is that, somehow, our lives tend to go on similar directions when it comes to solving an issue or problem and getting back on our feet supporting each other, being true friends and brothers.

"Very good to know!", I must say!

Anywhere or whenever I know we'll always be together. Even if it is in (or through) Hell... or Heaven.

Enjoy your time abroad! It is good to be a brother. I'll pick you up at the airport when you come back. The saga continues. ;)

Anônimo disse...

Every word you said is completely true. This friendship we have among us is unique.
When you said that cases can prove a point much better then the theory, it makes me remember some "weird" behaviours that we can witness on this group of friends. Usualy people living so far away and not seeing each other often always makes it awkward when they do get together. But with us those thing are a little bit different. For example, sure we miss a lot when someone of us goes abroad or away for a long time but when this person comes back it's like we were there with her the whole time. It is amazing how the intensity of our friendship seems to be timeless and for some reason it never fades, even when one of us literally set fire on another one hahaha.
Anyway, it's very good to know or remember those things you wrote.
I could use your words as they were mine and you certainly know that you would be our role model of how to be a good friend.
Have fun at the compadres' land and be carefull with nachos, tacos, burritos, jeguitos, tortilla and everything that will make you ruin your nails hahaha.

Bárbara disse...

:)
that's why the GNB family loves you!!

good to know there're people in the world like you ;)

Rubens disse...

Pois é, meu velho amigo... Essa gente que não entende o autruísmo é pq simplesmente não teve a sorte de viver momentos mágicos como o que vc descreveu no post. Pobres deles... Sorte a nossa!

Abs!
Rubão