quinta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2008

December, 16th

I am an unlucky person. I know that when I say that I generally shock people. But it’s something that I got to know during my whole life. Indeed, I have some weird stories to share with you: the day that the window of my car broke because the air inside heated and expanded breaking the glass in the front; the day that I wasn’t accepted to run for the best internship of my city because the manager couldn’t open my CV (it was in PDF); the day that I served a plate in a restaurant that wasn’t receiving cards that day, I try to withdraw money and it blocks my card when I cancel my last trial – my old card just got expired in the week before (and I noticed with my plate done); the day that I was chosen (in first place and 2 more times) to solve an exercise in the white board in a class of statistics (my professor was using the function RANDOM in excel to make the selection); the laptop that I’ve bought from US is stolen in the luggage of my friend while coming; the presentation that I did for around 30 externals of our official handover event just doesn’t work (3 technical staff tried to resurrect it, but it just worked in the next day). So, you got the point, right?

Actually in my group of friends of my city (Turma do Mantega – Mantega’s Brotherhood) I became even an expression. When something is very unlucky for them in that day they say: “Today I’m Kehding (Kehdiando em portugues)” – because of my surname.

But there are days that I am particularly unlucky. December 16th seems to be one constant of these days. They say that “God Writes Straight With Crooked Lines” (“Deus escreve certo por linhas tortas”) Last year at December 16th I felt that He went out of the paper.

It was the elections for president of AIESEC in Brazil and I was ready to have one of the worst days of my life. I definitely don’t want to talk about it... not because I am not over it, but talking with a very special person, I realized that this episode is exactly where it should be: in the past.

Yesterday I had another of these really bad days. After tons of time of it happening, I created a theory that – when you start a bad day, you should just give up. Worse things are probably going to happen. And this day started extremely soon.

I took till 3 am to sleep because my arm was hurting a lot... (for the ones that may not know, I am with the right arm immobilized – I would like to say that it was because of a bullet in a robbery, or because I was hit by a wild car... but the truth is that, I fell from my roller blades... :( )After I had a meeting that made me wake up at 6:30 am. My contribution for this meeting was basically to eat the breakfast. I came back home to change and Juan kept my backpack. I supposed to use his, but it is a big deal to try to adjust a backpack with one only hand. Besides that, my hand was still hurting a lot. I went to the office and arrived around 11:30 there. I spent almost all the time unable to do something truly productive. The only impactful thing that I did was to tell something extremely stupid to someone that I really like and care.

At something around 6 pm (all this time waiting for that) I finally went to be checked by a doctor that sent me to the hospital to change my cast. After around 1,5h in the traffic jam we got to the Red Cross. There, I needed to wait until 12:00 to get ready – alone. I had time enough to think about my life, the stupid thing that I did in the afternoon, and many other things. At this time, I was losing the dinner that the people that I live with were having and exchanging gifts. That was a bad day...

But, as I suspect you don’t come to my blog to read me complaining about everything, right?

So, with time I realized that I am paying bills. I really can’t realize when I started to make the debt (and why is it so big), but after sometime I could see that I am in a karma express mode. From the last worst day of my life I was taken here. And I had soooo many happy things with that. Left my country for the first time, got to know AIESEC International, first International Congress... but the most important thing: people. My life mission. You’re the reason for me to be writing in English here.

And don’t worry... I don’t mind about being unlucky. It never affects the people around me (which is extremely important) and as soon as I still keep having soooo many good things with my unluckiness, I am quite fine. :)


Um comentário:

Marcela disse...

Sorry, I still laugh every time I remember your face when you saw the window of your car... But the good thing about you is that you never lost your good mood!!!
Take care my dear unlucky friend!!!