sexta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2008

My Monorail...

I love Simpsons. I not only love Simpsons but have less respect for the people that don’t like Simpsons. Just kidding but I really like Simpsons. Well... I have in mind many parts and episodes of the series. Some of those never got out of my mind.

I remember one episode where they wanted to construct a monorail (monotrilho in Portuguese and Monorriel in spanish) in Springfield. Obviously it was a very stupid thing to be constructed in a city small like Springfield. I don’t know if already happened with you but, “monorails” already gained some elections in my city and in my country. The best part of this episode is the end, when they say:

And that (the monorail) was the only folly the people of Springfield ever embarked upon. Except for the Popsicle stick skyscraper. And the 50-foot magnifying glass. And that escalator to nowhere. [..]




(By the way, I was so happy to find this image in google. I know that google supposed to have everything, but I saw many appearances of this image. More people are stupid like me in this world.)

The best thing about Simpsons in my opinion is the fact that (as it happen in my head) all the stories starts with something incredible stupid and different of the end of the story. For example, I remember the one about Brazil that started with Homer arguing with a telephonist. And many others. As strange as the links that I can create in my head.

Well, and why I was thinking about all of it? Because I was aiming to buy a Roller Blades (Patins, Patines de linea, Roller or however you call it in your language). And I actually did it. I didn’t feel like it’s my “Monorail” but, I almost could hear my mom saying me that it is. :D I think when you’re a kid your parents are the best people to protect you against monorails. The games that you’re going to play once and throw it away, the new and cool clothes that you’re going to use one time and that’s it... and many other things. But, as you probably passed through it also... I guess it happens with everyone, not all the time you can resist for some monorails. That’s why I bought my roller blades...

That’s my monorail right now. What’s yours?

(by the way.... today I fall for the first time with my Rollers. Do you laugh about people that falls on the floor? I was built with this gift from God that I cannot laugh from any people falling in the floor. And I know that because I even saw some of the people that I didn’t like that much falling, and I didn’t laugh. People around me laugh like they were dying when I falled. :( ) – this comment is like the credits of Simpsons. :D Always have a surprise.

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

If I tell you what my current monorail is, I´ll have to kill you.

Great post! Keep up the good work (from dandonesco's expressions guide)

Abração fiote!

Marcela disse...

Great post!!! Hilario pra variar...

Por falar em google, tive que ir la ver uma foto de monotrilho, monorail ou qualquer coisa assim pois na minha humilde memoria caipira nao consegui visualizar o trem....

Por falar em tombo, sofri um leve acidente ao cair e seguir quicando (literalmente) em cada degrau da escada aqui da minha "host house". O final, nao tao inusitado, foi o labrador aqui de casa me lambendo "preocupado" e os rochos que brotaram nas minhas costas...

Por fim, sobre monotrilho, como passo os finais de semana em Manhattan tinha decidido comprar uma bicicleta pra andar no Central Park fica a poucas quadras do ap). Porem, apesar de estar longe da mother, minha "host mother", que as vezes e mais preocupada que aquela que me criou, cortou o meu barato dizendo que e perigoso e que logo estaria nevando... Enfim, passei dos 21 e nem pude comprar minha bicicleta, sorte que beber a lei permite, =P

Bjao