domingo, 16 de novembro de 2008

1 month out of my home

It’s not too much. I know. Actually, I not only know but I also feel it. I am proud of myself here. There are things that I always thought about myself and now I am having the chance to prove and fortunately it’s being proved that I was right.

For example, I always thought that things that happened in my life would make of me a very adaptable person. I can feel it here. Different people, different environment, culture, food, office... well, everything kind of different. And I really feel like I am home.

Yes, I cannot say that I am not lucky. The people here is amazing, the office is very nice (and the people that works that makes my days always happier), my house, my room and my roommate are really nice. I have space, the country is cheap, I am close to stores, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, and everything else. Well... so, I supposed to feel like I am feeling now? Right? Yes... I just want to give me some credits because all of it is a matter of perception and consequently something individual, and here I am, seeing everything with these eyes. :D

Let’s set a list then, of the things that I am proud about:

- Adaptation. I really feel that I am very good here. I don’t miss many things from Brazil and I can live perfectly here. Everything is fine and smooth.

- Time: I am managing to use better my time, having some time to stay at home and talk to people, cook and this kind of things. Fortunately it’s mainly because our office closes everyday at 8.

- Language: AEEE!! I am already having meetings with people, talking to company representatives and even writing proposals in Spanish. C’mon! I am so happy, if we take off the week that I was in Guatemala (that was amazing but in terms of learning Spanish, a lost week) it’s a little more than 3 weeks. I think it’s better than even me was expecting.

Now the list of the things that really I like in Mexico:

- People: they are nice, they hug each other, the girls kisses the guys on the cheeks (like in Brazil), they are fun, laughing and making jokes all the time... very very nice people!

- Prices: everything here is at most, same expensive as Brazil (São Paulo). But tons of things are cheaper. A coke could cost half of the price of São Paulo. The mobile that I bought cost me less than 50 dollars and I will receive half of it in credits (and it has MP3 player and everything I need). The metro here costs 15% of the price of the metro in São Paulo. Taxis... I don’t wanna talk about it.

- Patriotism: All the time that I have the chance to get in touch with the other cultures, I get to know that in Brazil we are a shame when the topic is patriotism. Here in Mexico is much easier to see Mexican flags, everybody knows and celebrates the important dates and things like that.

- My life here... as I told, everything is close and easy to access. And I have the chance to live and work with wonderful people.

The things that I don’t like about Mexico:

-Traffic Jam: Even after living in São Paulo, I think here things are much worse. In fact, it took a while but I could find a definition of the traffic here: “Devil’s playground”. I bet the devil itself has a car and waste a lot of time here in the traffic using his horn alllll the time! Non-stop! AAAA really bad the traffic here.

- Sales People: I am also used with sales people from São Paulo. But here is much worse. If you look at something, sound like you have the infinity desire to buy the thing, so it’s better for you to get prepared. People are going to jump in front of you and everything because you just looked at their products. When we were at the pyramids, we saw a scene very interesting. Sales people representing restaurants closer, acting like insects surrounding us (and any other potential costumer). It always reminds me the Brazilian stand-up comedian that said in one of his shows that his desire is to answer the question: “How can I help you?” with the answer: “Dying or disappearing... you can chose!”. I know that I make part of this wonderful class of people – sales people. But, I still can hate my competitors... hehe

-
Jalapeños y chile: It’s not because I don’t like spices. It’s because of that, but also because of the fact that they put spices in everything and even in places that you don’t suspect. That’s what makes me suffer more. Once I bought a croissant made of ham and cheese and it was fuuuuuuullll of chiles. Aaaa I suffered only with the things left by them... after I took all off.

So here I am. Enjoying my life, having fun, working in a proper environment... feeling really well. I don’t miss that much Brazil. At some points yes... but at this moment I am probably still in my honeymoon period... so it’s better to enjoy it!



4 comentários:

Esteban Navarro V. disse...

Hey markiño!!! :P

is reallykool to know that you are enjoying your stay at Mexico :P, Taxis... well i think that it is the same in all Latinamerica ;).

hey dont be shy!! try spicy!!!! jijijij

hugs!!

El Gato

Raphael Camargo Costa disse...

Fala Marco,

Estou acompanhando teus posts em bloco. Agora acho que vou melhorar já que estou usando o google reader... se vc acompanha blogs vai ver o quão útil que é.
Cara, morri de rir com o teu croisant. Na real acho que ele nem era apimentado, com tua boa sorte, acredito que erraram apenas naquele lá que você comeu... pq vc não experimenta outro só para confirmar? Quanta injustiça com a culinária mexicana hehehe :P.

Abraços!
Raphael

fran.veloni disse...

1 mes ja? Tuliooo! Q rapido ;)

Anônimo disse...

Que bom saber que tá feliz ai... mas tenho uma observação a fazer ao seu post: Cozinhando!?!? hahahaha
Encontrei sua mãe à 2 dias e ela disse que vc tava apanhando pra fazer um arroz e cozinhar linguiça!
Essa foto ai é daquelas pirâmides escalonadas?... que quando vc bate palmas em frente o eco é idêntico ao canto de um pássaro? Espero que tenha tentado isso heheh
Abraço!