sábado, 22 de novembro de 2008

My Theory

When I was working in the National Board of AIESEC in Brazil we had a session during the transition time that was my favourite. It was called “My theory”. The reasons for liking it so much are many. The first, is the fact that I have so many theories. I can always laugh by myself about my own conspiracy, funny, silly theories. Also because during that time it gave us the chance to think about great things that could be implemented and really change how things were working in AIESEC there.

Well I don’t believe all the theories can change the world. At least, you can laugh about mine :D

Something like 2 days ago I was going to brush my teeth. I am here in Mexico and here is very common to see the “economic” version of the products – which means that they are really big. I was thinking how much time I would take alone to finish with my toothpaste (I just discovered how to write this word. The funny thing is that it is the same in Portuguese: pasta de dente).

And then, since I don’t have a very strong control of my brain, I started to think about a person living completely alone, working in a small and boring company and receiving a medium salary. If I was this guy... how sad would be to stare at the toothpaste and realize that I would took ages to finish it...

Besides thinking about the consequences for this person (or even for me here right now) having the desire to change the type of toothpaste that he uses, I was thinking about the fact of finding someone else to share your toothpaste. Now the toothpaste becomes a good example because it’s something more private to share than... food, i.e. but also not that much as... underwear.

So I was thinking: if this guy, working in a boring company, in the middle of nowhere, receiving a medium salary, that by the way never found the love of his life, never got completely in love with someone, or even worse, got in love sometimes and even tough never had the chance to be “happy forever” with these people that passed through his life – suddenly finds someone else.

This someone else is not the love of his life, or at least, it’s not easy to perceive it like that. But they could spend their lives together. Sharing the toothpaste, the bed, a muffin in a breakfast, a book, a dream... things that, you can do with someone that could like you and that you also could like them.

Is it bad?

I was really thinking about it. I feel like, I could be this guy one day. And... after that I was thinking that, it shouldn’t be bad. Probably these people could have a stronger and more stable relationship that most of these “happy forever” couples, breaking up in the next month because they just realized that, they are not perfect enough to share the same bed.

Yes, I am young and I still have the same dreams of the small kid in love with the beautiful teacher (actually, this example specifically, is not applicable – never got in love with a teacher, but you got the point right?). I still have the bright in my eyes and the true and deep desire to marry with the “woman of my life”. But I just don’t feel like, using one big tube toothpaste alone. Too sad to think about it. So... Am I the wrong guy about thinking that... accidently the plan B could be even better than the plan A?

I honestly don’t know... it’s just something that passed through my mind when I was brushing my teeth.

5 comentários:

Mari disse...

Really sweet... and I agree with you. It wouldn't be bad to have plan B... maybe even better than plan A! Sometimes, security and steadiness are better than crazy, rollercoaster relationships :p

Miss you, fofo.

Beijão, Mari

Mali disse...

Pastă de dinţi aka Toothpaste:P
Bad Romanian :D

Totally agree with you Marco!!!! Love the post ;)

Big hugs,

Mali

Unknown disse...

what if you are not prepared to share your toothpaste?

Another thesis... ah?

Bjs,

Marthy

Disa Skvisa disse...

Very interesting thoughts you have here Marco.
I do believe that not all relationships are able to last if they are only build from passion and nothing else.
But I also think you should not settle for anything you dont feel happy with,

So I wish you good times in thinking about who could be the one you share your toothpaste with,.
:)
All the best from Budapest:)

Anônimo disse...

Are you sure there really was just toothpaste in that tube?!?